A spotlight on responsible tours and activities
Tours lie at the core of a tour operator's business. The course "Develop sustainable tourism products that sell" covers everything related to product development from creating the itinerary, selecting suppliers to marketing and selling your product. It will help you create 5-star experiences, all aligned with sustainable tourism standards, inspired by the industry's best practices.
This course is right for you if you want to:
- understand how to create a positive impact, one tour at a time
- align your tourism products with internationally accepted sustainability criteria
- respond to a raising demand for responsible experiences and meet the expectations of international travellers
- create tourism experiences that are loved by the travellers and make a real difference in the local communities
- develop a sustainable supply chain with suppliers that support your sustainability efforts
- learn how to communicate your purpose and sustainability on a tour
- find out where and how to
- best sell your responsible experiences
Please note that this course is for people with a basic knowledge of sustainable tourism.
Get ready for a raising demand for responsible experiences
Design experiences that create a lasting positive impact
Start making money by doing good, one tour at time
Select routes and attractions to help combat overtourism
Engage tours' suppliers in your sustainability efforts
Use sustainability to increase customers' loyalty
What you'll learn
Develop sustainable tourism products course is an in-depth training on everything related to tourism product from the itinerary creation to sales.
The course is divided into four main parts: designing sustainable experiences, working with suppliers, product/market development strategy and sales, to communicating sustainability on a tour. It also comes with two sets of bonuses: ready to use templates and a hand-picked case studies of different tour types with how-to guidelines.
The course includes over 4 hours of recorded content, and a bunch of additional resources and case studies to learn from. We estimate an average of 10-12 hours for you to go through the program and complete the necessary requirements.
You will finish this course with:
- a clear picture how sustainable are your tours now
- a clear picture how sustainable is your supply chain
- a set of sustainability guidelines for your tours
- your own supplier code of conduct
- a product/market development strategy that meets meets the demand and sustainability standards
- an action plan how to communicate sustainability to your guests on a tour
- What is a sustainable supply chain
- How a supply chain can make or break your business
- Legal aspects and risk areas to keep in mind
- Self-assessment: How sustainable is your supply chain?
- How to manage suppliers
- How to select and evaluate suppliers
- How to engage suppliers in your sustainability efforts
Frequently Asked Questions
How does this Course work?
You can enrol in the course at any time. Once you enrol in the course, you will get access to all the materials and can complete the course at your own pace. At the beginning of the course you will receive tips on how to manage your time for the best result.
Who is this Course BEST for?
This program is designed for the owners and managers of inbound and outbound tour operators and activity providers, regardless of their size, location and business maturity, who do not have any experience in sustainable tourism. If you’re a guide working for some else’s company, an outbound tour operator or a travel agent, you will still learn a lot but some sections might not be relevant for you.
Who is this Course NOT for?
If you don’t believe in climate change or your life purpose is to earn money by any means - this program is not for you. Although we will talk about the business case for sustainability and how to make the most of it, I won’t be trying to convince you that running a sustainable travel business is the way to go. Join the course if you already know it but don’t know where to start.
How much time do I need to invest?
There's over 4 hours of video for you to watch, plus assignments and homework,
We estimate an average of 10 hours for you to go through the program and complete the necessary requirements, but it can take more if you really want to turn your business into a truly sustainable one.
Are there any discounts for groups?
Yes, We have special offers for groups, tourism associations and universities. Get in touch to find out more.
Is there a refund policy?
All individual purchases are backed up with our 7-day, no questions asked, Money-Back Guarantee. Try out the program for 7 days and if you aren't happy, we will refund 100% of your money.
How long will I have access to the course's materials?
It's for a lifetime! After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own. In addition, you'll receive all upgrades, additions and improvements to the program over time!